Food & Nutrition:
Breakfast, lunch and snacks are prepared at the center. All meals and snacks are served at least two hours apart, but not more than three hours apart.
Breakfast shall include:
1. A fruit, vegetable, or full-strength fruit or vegetable juice
2. Bread, bread product or cereal
Lunch shall include one item from each of the following:
1. Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, cooked dried peas or beans
2. Two vegetables, two fruits, or one of each
3. Bread, bread product or cereal
Morning and afternoon snack shall include at least two of the following:
1. Milk, milk product or food made with milk
2. A fruit, vegetable, or full-strength fruit or vegetable juice
3. Meat or meat alternative
4. Bread, bread product or cereal
All meals and snacks and their preparation, service and storage shall meet the requirements for meals of the child care component of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA, the Child and Adult Care Food Program and CACFP). Meals are included in fees.